Our firm also offers legal consultancy services on Intellectual Property (“IP”), Entertainment and Advertising Law, to national and international clients, focusing on providing a broader legal protection in all their daily commercial activities and also to protect their contents, trademarks or any other right protected by the intellectual and/or industrial property regulation.
In addition, we offer legal advice in negotiations, technology, content protection and administrative and judicial litigation, in order to prevent any possible future conflicts with third parties.
Over the years, we have gained vast experience in developing the strategy, structure, negotiation and protection of audiovisual productions (television, SVOD, motion pictures), domestically and abroad, as well as regarding the compliance with the legal framework on advertising for the production of publicity and marketing materials and content.
Our services include the prosecution as well as the transactional issues, including the following services:
- Contracts in general (provision of services, non-disclosure agreements, licensing, franchising, distribution, work made for hire, production, neighbouring rights, etc.)
- Trademark, patent, utility model, industrial design and slogan registration, among others
- Protection of copyrights, works, reserve rights, according to the Mexican Copyright Law
- Audiovisual content protection in general
- Domain names disputes
- Strategy and development of legal structures for audiovisual productions
- Elaboration and negotiation of agreements with authors, writers, talent, producers and licensees· Agreement negotiations with Publishers and Record companies
- Counseling on complying with the legal framework on advertising.
Currently, our IP client list varies from different industries, such as: IT, entertainment business (producers, authors, artists), energy and financial sector, logistics and transportation, retail, consumer goods, to mention a few.